Thursday, March 20, 2008

I break for Colorado

Our recent trek to visit family in Colorado proved once again to be a relaxing and peaceful getaway. Despite the disadvantage of not having Brad around as best friend and parental figure, Maddy and I managed to make it just fine, thanks in part of course to my mother's accompaniment and the wonderful hospitality of my brothers and sister-in-laws.
It is always a treat to spend time in the mountains, far away from the cacophony of our neighboring freeway, busy schedules, and metropolitan population overload, and spending it with family makes it all the merrier. This trip was especially exciting for Madelyn who was introduced to snow, a furry cat-in-law named Lupe (for whom she is obsessed) and six full days of playtime with her older cousin Isabel...the two were inseparable and played together so well.
Amidst the hustle and bustle of spring break goers we managed to avoid any major travel woes and return to big city life safely.

0 comments:

Fall Festivities 2008

September - October 2008

July - August 2008

Pics from DC & June 2008

There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....