Let me just say up front, I was not looking forward to Maddy's dance recital this past weekend...I was actually dreading it. With everything going on in our lives, the thought of driving to Galveston for a two-minute performance irked me. I really thought the whole pomp and circumstance of it all was rather ridiculous....make-up on three-year-olds, the famous Grand Opera House as the performance venue, having to drive to Galveston one day prior to the recital for a run-through, etc., etc. However, I am SO glad we participated and I had the chance to experience the day myself. I suppose never growing up in a "girly environment" nor remembering a major dance recital, I was certainly not familiar with all the excessive and over-the-top formalities involved in such an event.
Pa Pa and my parents were over for the weekend, and Brad had planned a biking tour in conjunction with the local SPCA for the men that morning(and really wanted nothing to do with the recital...at that time, I couldn't blame him), BUT after a morning of pure bliss and radiance from Madelyn and Omi, I changed my mind and overall outlook about the performance. This was something that Madelyn was super excited about...she was grinning from ear to ear and couldn't wait to go on stage (the idea of actually putting on more make-up than lip gloss was, I think, the real kicker!!). I basically threatened Brad and made him go with us, and I think he also enjoyed seeing all the hype.
I really didn't know what to expect from Madelyn....she hasn't really proven herself to be a performer or star dancer (I am 90% sure she has her father's dancing skills), so when she walked out on stage all confident and smiling, I couldn't help but tear up and laugh....it was the most adorable thing to see her perform! Brad, Omi and I were just beaming and chuckling with adoration.
If we have the opportunity to go through another year or more of dance, I will definitely remember to leave my pessimistic attitude at home and appreciate the event for what it is...a chance for these girls to strut their moves on stage and be super girly!


Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Dance Recital
Posted by Erika at 11:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fall Festivities 2008
September - October 2008
July - August 2008
Pics from DC & June 2008
There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....



3 comments:
Sounds like yall made the best of it. I can just see the Brad threatening as I have threatened Chris many a time. She looks so happy.
Precious!! Glad you ended up enjoying it!
Awww--Maddy looks just like you in that picture (the picture above the one of her and Dwain---with your mom, I think?) Soooo cute!
Post a Comment