Friday, May 7, 2010

Entomology Museum...

May 3, 2010
Monday morning I decided spur of the moment I would take Maddy somewhere special. It had been a while since we visited the museum district, so we headed to the Entomology Museum and Butterfly Habitat. The first and last time I took her was when she was 15 months old, and this visit was very different.
May 2010
September 2007This time she was so into all the bug exhibits and learning models. This place is very hands on, so there were tons of things for her to experiment and play with....my camera is not working well at all, but I did manage to get a few pictures...
I so see how this could look to a predator now...awesome butterfly wings! After the museum, we ate lunch outside and then took a walk to Hermann Park... ahhh, I forget how much I love this area of town. There is so much to offer: endless oak-lined trails, Memory pool & fountains, Miller Outdoor Theatre, Countless Museums (children's, fine art, science, entomology, Holocaust, health & sciences, medical center, The zoo, the Houston Garden Center, The train, Children's parks galore, Rice University, Hotel Zaza, amazing restaurants, and the list goes on....it was so beautiful and relaxing!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that area of town, also. It's so plush and green!

Ann said...

that looks so fun. i will have to bring edie to the entomology museum once she gets a little older.

Fall Festivities 2008

September - October 2008

July - August 2008

Pics from DC & June 2008

There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....