Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fee-Fee, KC, Tortillas, Lupe...

Some of you may know I am highly allergic and have a somewhat moderate aversion to cats. It's really their dander I have trouble with....it seems the more "tabby" or "street" within their "breed", the worse my reaction.
A few months ago our beloved neighbor's cat Mike-ee simply disappeared one day. I can say he was beloved because he was truly a gifted, talented and much adored cat. He was incredibly kind, relaxed and well-mannered. The kids would pull on his tail, jump over and run circles around him, and he practically fancied it...he thrived on company and socializing, and he would always make his daily rounds along the street looking for anyone to befriend. When he disappeared we were all upset and sad. His name and memory live on however.
Dogs,cats...animals in general are mysterious creatures...their behaviors can be so curious and compelling, especially when it comes to issues surrounding territory. As soon as Mike passed here was this other cat to "take it's place"... and I say that in the most humble of terms. She exhibits many of the same behaviors, although physically she is no match for the snowy white Mike....but she lives for, like Mike-ee did, company and socializing.
Any ways, she is all skin and bones, and to make things worse...she sheds like crazy. I wasn't sure if the shedding was natural, but I knew she was being deprived of nutrition...so after a few weeks of ignoring the facts and filing them in the back of my mind...I stepped up to the plate. We are now officially caretakers for this fortunate feline. Every morning she is there waiting for me to open the door. I refresh her water bowl and fill her feeder, and let me tell you, this girl can eat. She is a definite communicator meowing in response to everything.
Madelyn, being the animal lover that she is, has already named this cat...the name was changing daily for a few days there, but as of late she has been constant with calling her tortillas...because according to Madelyn she looks like "Lupe Tortillas"...a favorite restaurant of ours...how she looks like a restaurant can only be described by a 4 yr-old. Ironically though, Maddy's cousin's cat is also named Lupe, so that could have a slight impression on the name at hand.

0 comments:

Fall Festivities 2008

September - October 2008

July - August 2008

Pics from DC & June 2008

There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....