Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rodeo Ready

March 15, 2010
The annual Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a big deal in these parts. The three-week event transforms Reliant Park into the world's largest rodeo featuring everything from "Mutton Busting" to deep-friend butter...yes, that's right. It really is a treat you shouldn't pass by, and we are lucky it is in our backyard! This year we saw Tim McGraw and the Black Eyed Peas (AWESOME show), and as the tradition goes (see rodeo blog from last year), we took Maddy to have her "rodeo day" with Toe (Abuelito). This year she wasn't really into the carnival scene as much as she wanted to be with the animals...here are some highlights taken from my phone (cannot believe I forgot my camera that day!)
This picture was taken immediately following a goat jumping up on Maddy...can you see her fright? Ok, notice the llama on the bottom left...as soon as I took this pic he bolted towards my hand and devoured my cup of food without much warning...can you see his pre-determined look of perseverance?? Oh, and he was HUGE (the pic does in no way do him justice)!!!

This was Maddy's only wish...to have her face painted...she opted for the pretty unicorn.

0 comments:

Fall Festivities 2008

September - October 2008

July - August 2008

Pics from DC & June 2008

There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....