Thursday, March 25, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!

March 20 - 23, 2010
A view of our hotel from a veranda at the Venetian...do you see the Volcano going off in the distance?So, I have now officially been to Las Vegas and the infamous strip, and whoa! What a fun, whirlwind vacation. Talk about entertaining....there is so much to take in...from the grandiose and opulent hotels to the cacophony of ringing slot machines..this place is over stimulation to the max!
We were very happy with our stay at the Mirage and all its accommodations....the pool area was so lush and relaxing, and the eatery and lounge options within the hotel itself were definitely worth the stay.
One thing any "virgin-Vegas" goer should be aware of before going: bring money and lots of it...there is a reason Vegas has so much wealth. There is a definite energy to this place that will pull you in to all its glory...do not, I repeat, do not go expecting to win...expect to lose....I had a difficult time dealing with losing, especially when I thought of all the "things" or little vacations we could do with the money lost...I'm not sure why I had this notion we were going to strike it big with some absurdly large jackpot...I suppose it's every Vegas goer's fantasy, and unfortunately for us, did not come true. The trip was worth every penny though....and the two shows we threw in were highly entertaining, especially Cirque Du Soleil's Mystere (everyone should see this at some point). The Cirque Du Soleil show Love (featuring The Beatles's music) was much more like a musical, and conveniently located in our hotel.
We visited many hotels and their casinos on our trip...and I have to say The Wynne/Encore towers were my favorite....their decor was amazing and I was a total sucker for their exquisite mosaic floors. The feel of the hotel was warm and much more like a boutique hotel...unlike many of the compound mammoths. Aria was my least favorite...way too modern, industrial and monochromatic for my taste. I was in awe with the fantastic color scheme and mosaic work. Two other favorites were The Bellagio (incredible floral garden) and The Palazzo mostly because of their unique and memorable landscaping, inside and out..



An art-glass lover's dream....Brad in front of The Bellagio.We could not have been happier with our hotel choice. I am a huge fan of hotel reviews, and this place lived up to its reputation on tripadvisor.Our friends Callie and Rob went with us...so much fun!

3 comments:

Ann said...

The gardens look like they would be in Willie Wanka. I've never been to Vegas. I think I would want to sit by the pool the entire time.

Erika said...

Good choice...the pool-side people watching is FANTASTIC! You nailed it on the head with Willie Wonka....you should have seen the enormous bees and butterflies made completely of fresh flowers...

Unknown said...

The Wynn is a beautiful hotel! Looks like you all had a great time!

Fall Festivities 2008

September - October 2008

July - August 2008

Pics from DC & June 2008

There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....