April 27, 2010
Brad and I don't share too many hobbies, but one hobby that we have found we both enjoy immensely is gardening...we get the biggest thrill when we see a seed or bulb break through the dirt with green foliage, bees pollinating our fruit-bearing flowers or just picking what we have grown. I can already tell that harvesting our own fruits and vegetables will become a life-long passion. We are already planning on expanding and building more plots, while eventually becoming more and more self-sufficient...our own chickens and a windmill would be the icing on the cake (years down the road I am sure)!
Yesterday, I picked some green onions, and it was just super exciting for me. They smell sooo divine, and I am looking forward to using them tonight with cream cheese and ham over celery...YUM! Here is a picture of our squash, bean and bell pepper box (a few onions thrown in too)...
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Garden of Love
Posted by Erika at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fall Festivities 2008
September - October 2008
July - August 2008
Pics from DC & June 2008
There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....



1 comments:
vege gardening is so rewarding.
Post a Comment