Friday, April 16, 2010

Working Mom

It's official....I have been offered and accepted a job within the education field. It was one of those jobs too good to pass up...the kind that you always dream about finding...that never seem to come along...so I am super pumped. I applied for the job last week, and within days I was being called repeatedly to come in and interview. I interviewed on Wednesday with a committee of four, including the dean of instruction and principal...one question after the next. I was nervous no doubt, but I was excited too....I had so many ideas and amazing experiences to share from my former teaching. I had an answer and a story for all their questions, and I am so glad the principal called with the good news later that day.
I will be filling a newly-created position...a writing academic coach at a high school about seven miles away. I will be assisting special ed and other students specifically with their writing skills. I will also write curriculum and assist teachers with their writing instruction. I am hoping this was all meant to be since it happened so quickly. I am meeting with HR on Tuesday to sign my contract, and I will begin full time in August...with a few meetings in between. Yay!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Awesome!!! Did you regale them with Theta rice crispy treat stories?

Erika said...

Ha! That would have been great!

Fall Festivities 2008

September - October 2008

July - August 2008

Pics from DC & June 2008

There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....