March 31, 2010
We went with some friends to our favorite strawberry farm in Alvin ...it has become an annual event for us to take Maddy to pick the delicious fruit they grow. Along with the farm, they also have a weathered tin building for locally grown produce, assorted grocieries, homemade pies, and plants, and adjacent to it they have a tiny walk-in smokehouse where they sell homemade sausage, brisket/turkey sandwiches, boudin and squirrel. We typically get a bite to eat (the cheddar jalepeno sausage is super yum) and sit under their enormous oak trees to picnic. I am a huge sucker for ancient oak trees... they are magnificent, and this farm has plenty to feast your eyes. Owen and Madelyn eating their sausasge rolls under the oak trees.
Maddy and the youngest Kirkland, Aaron.
This picture does not do this tree justice...can you even see Maddy? She is under the tree on the right. To me, this tree is simply perfecet....wish I could capture its beauty in a frame on our wall.
Being our third year to pick, Madelyn is very familiar with the grounds and looks forward to these trips every year.
This is a picture of Maddy picking at her first visit...she was roughly 20 months old..I remember she loved to eat them as soon as she picked them. Another pick from that year....2007
The last two pics here were taken last year, 2009...notice the oak tree and Maddy's straeberry-lined mouth....my dad was also collaborating in eating them straight off the stems...
Time flies...
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Strawberry Fields Forever....
Posted by Erika at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fall Festivities 2008
September - October 2008
July - August 2008
Pics from DC & June 2008
There are SOOOO many more pictures from the wedding I would have loved to post, but I have a limit of 50 slides per slideshow :(....



3 comments:
i need to look for something like this close to dallas. are they organic?
We loved that place...it was actually this time last year that we visited. Pick some berries for us!
Kim...that was so much fun when you all visited....come back soon!! I hear the aquariam in Tulsa is awesome...let's do that over July 4th weekend...
Ann- I couldn't tell you whether they are organic...the place does sell a lot of free range meet and locally grown produce, but I am thinking they do use fertilizers, etc....Edie would love to pick...hope you can find some place OR just come visit :)
Post a Comment